- Identifying the “white spots” of regions in Europe, where treatment of spasticity is insufficient or the problem is ignored.
- Collecting the information about the current possibilities of treating spasticity in the European countries and regions.
- Identifying the real needs ( and prevalence) of the patients regarding the treatment of spasticity.
- Independent distribution of clinical knowledge – with the emphasis on the awareness of the secondary complications of untreated spasticity – especially in the regions where treatment is known to be non-sufficient
- Promoting the clinical and social research in the field of spasticity related burden of care.
- Promoting the use of ICF in the assessment of spasticity related problems
- Promoting the use of best clinical practice based on EBM platform – resulting in ESPRM recommendations for spasticity treatment.
- Identifying the “alternative” methods used or recommended for treating generalised and focal spasticity and give a recommendation to use or decline them.
- Organisation of SISC symposium at the ECPRM: first challenge at 21st congress in Vilnius 2018
- Promotion of the spasticity as the main reason for the movement restriction after central nervous system injury (review article in EJPRM)
- Survey among European countries:
- methods available and used to treat focal / generalised spasticity
- accessibility of those methods for the users
- Organisation of the educational events (independent or included in international events)