Bulgarian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a nonprofit organization affiliating physicians, specialists and trainees in Physical and rehabilitation medicine founded in 2001. It is the legal successor of the Bulgarian National Scientific Society of Physical Medicine, Health resort medicine and Rehabilitation, founded in 1964.
The Association is the exclusive representative of physicians in PRM, registered under Bulgarian legislation.
The goals of the Bulgarian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation are:
- Development of health prevention, treatment and rehabilitation using different PRM interventions.
- Support and protection of professional realization of physicians, specialists and trainees in PRM.
- Research in the field of PRM, including balneology, climatology and talassotherapy.
- Improvement and further development of the rehabilitation and social integration of people with disabilities.
- Organizing courses, seminars, workshops for specialists working in the field of Physical and rehabilitation medicine.
- Assessment and introduction of new methods of treatment and equipment.
- Elaboration and implementation of new rehabilitation programs and standards of care.
- Expert opinion of projects concerning spa facilities.
University Hospital “Sv. Georgi”
Peshtersko shosse 66
- Ilza PopovaGeneral Secretary
- Rositza SheitanovaTreasurer